    If a new programming language/tool is needed will the allow detection of wireless signal strength on (ALL / ANY) PocketPC and WinCE devices?

    Please reply Urgently as a business decision is soon to be made.

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Try the code I posted yesterday. There's no built-in way to detect wireless
    signal strength form .NET CF, no.

    I'm not entirely sure that my code will work on PPC2000 or PPC2002, either,
    although it should work on CE.NET and PPC2003 devices (I'm hoping that
    you'll tell me whether it does or not).

    Paul T.

    "Zahid" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Please recommend a course of action....
    >
    > Im working on my first .NET CF project and writing an app using VB.NET.

    It is a critical requirement that my app detects the wireless connection
    every 'second' as it 'could' receive datagrams from the host network. Ive
    read a number of discussions from this forum regarding the subject of
    detecting wireless signal strength but all is not clear :-\

    > If its not possible to detect the wireless signal strength using the

    C#/VB.Net and the .Net CF then which programming language/technology should
    be used?

    > I hear that iPAQ have written a DLL that allows you to PInvoke to get this

    data which is brill but that means restricting clients to iPAQ's which is a
    NO NO. Symbol provide a custom control which allows you to obtain this
    info.

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Feb 5, 2004

    Hi

    Thanks Paul. Im new to all this Windows programming as ive come from a database background (Oracle). How do I use the code you provided with Alex Feinmans GetAdaptersInfo() ? In a previous post it says to create a DLL? Well, DLL's are new to me so plz help..

    Thanks in advance

    Guest, Feb 5, 2004
  4. You don't need Alex's code. If you compile the class library I sent, it's
    self-contained. No DLLs (external) are needed. The class library, of
    course, compiles to a DLL, but that's it.

    Paul T.

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Feb 5, 2004

    Hi,

    Thanks for the swift reply Paul. Im a little confused about the code, where can I obtain it from?

    Do you mean use VS.Net to compile it? Sorry but its all new to me. Once its compiled is there a certain location I place it in to use it, like the windows directory?

    Really sorry for the hassle, Ive had a very hectic day.

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Feb 5, 2004
  6. Hi,

    I posted it yesterday. Your news reader should allow you to find it. The
    thread title was "Check Signal".

    The code is two projects: one a class library that actually does the signal
    strength query, and a sample program. If you load the sample program into
    VS.NET 2003 and compile it, it will compile both the class library and the
    sample. At that point, you just let VS.NET 2003 deploy the resulting
    program and let it worry about where to put the pieces.

    Paul T.

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Feb 5, 2004

    Guest, Feb 5, 2004
  8. No, you want to look in the newsgroup where we're having this conversation,
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework. The code in the project
    I'm mentioning is *based* on that C code...

    Paul T.

    "Zahid" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > So Sorry. All i can find is the link to this URL that shows only a

    function in C code. I cant find no file attachments? Am I being clumsy?
    which Newsgroup? I checked in this newsgroup.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=...gth&meta=group%3Dmicrosoft.public.windowsce.*

    Paul G. Tobey [eMVP], Feb 5, 2004

    Hi

    OK..... This has gone far enough..... Paul you have been extremely helpful.... but i honestly cant obtain the files.... Im reading the newsgroup threads through my web browser and found the thread you mentioned but no files were attached with the code example:-\

    Would it be possible if you could email them to me Please? A business decision will be made within the next 2 working days....

    Greatly appreciated

    Thanks in advance.

    Guest, Feb 6, 2004
  10. This API does exactly what you need:

    http://www.handango.com/PlatformPro...0&productType=2&platformId=2&productId=101660

    Hector

    Héctor M Obregón, Feb 9, 2004

    Prajakta

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi all,

    I know guys this post is very much old...
    But I am facing similar problem....
    I want to search the available wifi networks and display the strength of it in Windows mobile 6..
    It will great if you have code in C# ..

    Thanks in advance

    Prajakta, Oct 13, 2011