Urgent: Installation problem

G

I had brought a new printer. I had install the printer driver and other photo program. however problems propped up when i cancel the installation while install the program.... so i only install part of the program on my hard disk. i try to reinstall the program but it required to uninstall the partial program. so i try to uninstall the partial program but the process keeps on repeating by it self( ie. the install shield wizard could not uninstall the partial installed program)

what do i do now
Do i removed the partial installed program?( i try but it doesn't work)

G

Hi Tianca

This problem can be solved easily if you have your Win Xp installation disk with you
As you said that neither the software gets uninstalled and neither it gets deleted, so its a clear case of some part of software holding values in registry
So just run your bootable cd at time of restart or begin of your system and follow the steps till it asks you to choose from 5 options just select the last option and press enter
It will repair your Xp removing the connections between software and its registry, remember this will also be applicable to all of your installed softwares in that drive containing win Xp

If problem persists ask me again at (e-mail address removed) or (e-mail address removed)

B.Tech(IT
2nd Year

G

i try to boot from my xp disc but i can't after restart. So how do i repair the damaged registry files using xp disc since i cant reboot from my xp disc. Also, can you explain to my how come i cant reboot from my xp disc( i was able to do so before)

S

sgopus

You need to restore your system to a point previous
to the partial installation of those drivers.

here is how to do a restore.

To set advanced restore options

Open Backup. (Click Start, point to All Programs, point to
Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click
Backup.)

The Backup Utility Wizard starts by default, unless it is
disabled.

Click the Advanced Mode button in the Backup Utility
Wizard.

Click the Restore and Manage Media menu and select the
files to restore.

Click the Start Restore button.

On the Confirm Restore dialog box, click Advanced.

Set the advanced restore options you want, and then click
OK. See the Notes section for a description of each
option.

-----Original Message-----
i try to boot from my xp disc but i can't after restart.
So how do i repair the damaged registry files using xp
disc since i cant reboot from my xp disc. Also, can you
explain to my how come i cant reboot from my xp disc( i
was able to do so before)

G

I try your method but it doesn't worked......

so is there another method that worked?

S

sgopus

You need to give details, of what you did and what the
results were. just saying it didn't work is not enough

Ask a Question