uploading picture files

G

The last few weeks Ive been unable to upload pictures, even small (60kb) files, on my Yahoo mail. I thought it was a problem on their end but now realize I can't upload to any website such as on-line digital photo developers. But I can send pictures via outlook express just fine. I've disabled my (zone alarm) firewall and check all the internet settings I can find but can't find anything that would prevent my uploading files. Any ideas? Thanks. John R

N

Nick Burns

What program are you using and what errors are you getting...?

John R said:
The last few weeks Ive been unable to upload pictures, even small (60kb)
files, on my Yahoo mail. I thought it was a problem on their end but now
realize I can't upload to any website such as on-line digital photo
developers. But I can send pictures via outlook express just fine. I've
disabled my (zone alarm) firewall and check all the internet settings I can
find but can't find anything that would prevent my uploading files. Any
ideas? Thanks. John R

G

Hi John R,

Different web sites vary on the method used for uploading images. Probably most use applets or controls that download from the web site and run locally, allowing you to upload the pictures to the web site. Your problem may be related to security settings somewhere. Zone Alarm can certainly cause this problem. But when you attempt to upload them you should be asked by Zone Alarm if it is OK to use the applet or control. If you have disabled Zone Alarm, take a look at your Internet Options and make sure that your security settings are set to "Medium". This will reverse any settings that would block Active X controls and applets.

Dwayne

----- John R wrote: -----

The last few weeks Ive been unable to upload pictures, even small (60kb) files, on my Yahoo mail. I thought it was a problem on their end but now realize I can't upload to any website such as on-line digital photo developers. But I can send pictures via outlook express just fine. I've disabled my (zone alarm) firewall and check all the internet settings I can find but can't find anything that would prevent my uploading files. Any ideas? Thanks. John R

Ask a Question