upload resume in online appolication

Good morning. Here's a problem I'm having and hope someone can help. I'm
going to online applications in a company's website and get to where they ask
to upload a resume. There's a 'browse' button, I click on that and My
Documents open up; I click on Resumes in 'New Job' folder (name I've given
the folder), and see C:Documents and Settings...My Resume. When I submit the
completed online app, the recipient gets it all, except for the resume. How
do I get it so the company can open the folder with 'My Resume' in it? Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Goodwin

Don Varnau

Hi,
At the end of this path...
C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\New Job\My Resume... is My
Resume a Word document (DOC) or similar file? You're attempting to send the
resume and not the folder containing it, right?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thanks, Don. Yes, I'm trying to send the resume-David Goodwin Resume.doc. A
webmaster at one of the companies suggested changing settings, but I'm not
sure which ones to reset. If I send my resume as an attachment in OE, it
works, but trying to include it right from My Documents, does not work.

Dave Goodwin said:
Good morning. Here's a problem I'm having and hope someone can help. I'm
going to online applications in a company's website and get to where they ask
to upload a resume. There's a 'browse' button, I click on that and My
Documents open up; I click on Resumes in 'New Job' folder (name I've given
the folder), and see C:Documents and Settings...My Resume. When I submit the
completed online app, the recipient gets it all, except for the resume. How
do I get it so the company can open the folder with 'My Resume' in it? Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Goodwin

Gary Smith

Did you select the resume and click the Open button in the dialog box? Is
there a location box on the web page adjacent to the Browse button, and
did the path and filename of your resume appear in that box?

Dave Goodwin said:
Good morning. Here's a problem I'm having and hope someone can help. I'm
going to online applications in a company's website and get to where they ask
to upload a resume. There's a 'browse' button, I click on that and My
Documents open up; I click on Resumes in 'New Job' folder (name I've given
the folder), and see C:Documents and Settings...My Resume. When I submit the
completed online app, the recipient gets it all, except for the resume. How
do I get it so the company can open the folder with 'My Resume' in it? Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Goodwin

Thanks, Gary--Yes, your second part comes first--the webpage has a browse
button, and when I click that, My Documents opens up. Then I click on my
folder (New Jobs), select the resume and click on it, it appears in 'File
Name', I click 'Open' and the path and file name appear in the location box
on the online app. Then I click 'Submit' on the app, but it doen't go
through and become part of My Profile in the online app. Thanks for your
interest--we're getting somewhere!
Dave

"Dave Goodwin" <DaveGoodwin[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Good morning. Here's a problem I'm having and hope someone can help. I'm
going to online applications in a company's website and get to where they
ask
to upload a resume. There's a 'browse' button, I click on that and My
Documents open up; I click on Resumes in 'New Job' folder (name I've given
the folder), and see C:Documents and Settings...My Resume. When I submit
the
completed online app, the recipient gets it all, except for the resume.
How
do I get it so the company can open the folder with 'My Resume' in it?
Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Dave Goodwin

Gary Smith

This sounds to me like the web page may be at fault. The script that's
triggered by the Submit button may not be retrieving your file correctly.