upload and asp

N

Nigel

Hi

I have been trying to set up a page that uses the file
upload form component in Frontpage 2002. Everything works
fine until I try using this on an ASP page. It seems that
simply changing the file extension from '.htm' to '.asp'
is enough to stop file upload from working.

Does anyone know why this happens, and more important, is
there a way of fixing it?

Nigel

T

Thomas A. Rowe

Very simple, you can not use any FP run-time components on pages that do not have either .htm or
..html extension and are processed by a server-side scripting engine, such as ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, etc.

You will need to check with your host to see if they offer access to a ASP upload component, such as
ASPUpload(.com)

--
==============================================
Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
==============================================

G

Well.. He may be partially right.. But I'm going to bet there is always another way. Try this put the HTML page inside of an "iframe" or a Framed window (or vise-versa). This will basically allow you to use ASP and the Frontpage parser. Since it's in a "frame" it will get rendered as it should

BTW.. I think this should work ( in THEORY ). You could also try the old Frontepage 97 ententions and post a Frontpage FORM to another FORM page. This was the way in FP 97 to send to 2 e-mail addresses. Look around the Internet for this trick (this is a history lesson for all the newbee's)

Let me know if this works. I know just where I could use this idea if it does (This solves one of my problems too)

G

Let me clarify this a little. Just in case.

You don't need to load FP 95/97 extensions. Any version should do. FP 97 was the tool I used when I first looked this up
Hope this helps.

Ask a Question