    upgrade from 2000, after asking for an upgrade from 2000
    to xp at the store.
    Is there a downloadable windows millennium on the web site?

    Donna, Mar 21, 2004

  2. Donna

    Dave Patrick Guest

    1.) Return it for Windows XP Pro or use your win98 install media as the
    qualifier.
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/howtobuy/upgrading/matrix.asp

    2.) No

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    Dave Patrick, Mar 21, 2004

  3. Could you be a little more specific? Why (error messages, etc) aren't you
    being allowed to upgrade from 2k to XP? I suppose there is a possibility of
    a hardware compatibility issue, but doubtful, since XP is very much a
    "prettier" version of 2000. Much of the HCL is the same. Avoid WinME like
    the plague!!! Illustration:

    They took the base code from Win95 and created this channel of operating
    system generally for the "home user", which means it's not nearly as stable:
    Win95 --> Win95b --> Win98 --> Win98SE --> WinME

    The "office user" variation of the channel looks like this:

    WinNT --> Win2000 --> WinXP Pro & Home (at which point they scrapped all
    further work on ME, since this channel has the better stability and offers
    more in the way of advancement.)

    ME is the last great bastion of hope in the attempt to salvage all the
    blue-screen buggies in 98. If you can't get the XP to take, stick with 2000
    :) But if you provide more detail on the problems you're having with the
    upgrade, I'm sure there's a solution!

    Scott

    Scott Ray [gob-gook], Mar 21, 2004
  4. Donna

    Michael Guest

    You can't upgrade from Windows ME to XP, but you can from
    Windows 98. Use your Windows 98 disk to allow the upgrade
    to be done.

    Michael, Mar 25, 2004
  5. Donna

    Guest Guest

    well is there a way to upgrade windowxp from 2000

    Guest, Jun 2, 2004