updating to windows XP - problem with MPU-410 device

Reaction score
Hi

My PackardBell 9533 computer is 4 years old and everything on it is integral. There are no add ons.

My problem is that in the "Device Manager" under "Sound, Video, Gamer Controllers" the MPU-401 Compatible Midi Device" is not working.

This only happened when I updated from Windows 98 to Windows XP.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem??

If it's a "driver" that needs updating then I don't know where to begin because I know nothing about the motherboards' specifications. And there are no records of this computer anywhere anymore.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful........

Reaction score
yes it is a driver you need to install, have a look on the motherboard between the PCI slots for a model number then to can search on the relavant manufactuers website. if you can't find any thing on the board (which is doubtful) then you can pick up a cheap, but adequate sound card for under £20, and just disable the integrated.

J

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Does your sound card still actually work? I used to have this problem years ago, but it caused no harm (so I ignored it!).

The Packard Bell support website will probably have a list of drivers for your machine if you give it a visit :)

Reaction score
I have this EXACT SAME PROBLEM.

And I have no idea how to fix it :(

I can't find anything...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Neither of you have the correct drivers ... and until you can find out what CrapardBell used you'll not fix the problem.

Techy gave you an alternative ... buy a "real" sound card. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question