[Update] IPNetInfo v1.01

Discussion in 'Freeware' started by ArjanDotOrg, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. ArjanDotOrg

    ArjanDotOrg Guest

    IPNetInfo v1.01

    Overview :

    IPNetInfo is a small utility that allows you to easily find all
    available information about an IP address: The owner of the IP address,
    the country/state name, IP addresses range, contact information
    (address, phone, fax, and email), and more. This utility can be very
    useful for finding the origin of unsolicited mail. You can simply copy
    the message headers from your email software and paste them into
    IPNetInfo utility. IPNetInfo automatically extracts all IP addresses
    from the message headers, and displays the information about these IP
    addresses.

    What's New:

    Fixed small bug: IP addresses appears in email format (email@IPAddress)
    are now parsed properly.

    Homepage: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo.html

    For related software, check out:
    http://www.arjan.org/index.php?Diagnostics:Network

    Kind regards,

    _____
    Arjan

    E-mail: (remove NOSPAM)
    Homepage: Arjan.org's Absolute Freeware Links (http://www.arjan.org)

    ArjanDotOrg, Oct 22, 2004

  2. On 22 Oct 2004 07:50:18 -0700, "ArjanDotOrg" <>
    wrote:

    >IPNetInfo v1.01
    >
    >This utility can be very
    >useful for finding the origin of unsolicited mail. You can simply copy
    >the message headers from your email software and paste them into
    >IPNetInfo utility.

    And you'll get the address of some compromised PC owned by someone
    without a clue who has never heard of the spammer.

    It is estimated that 60% or more of spam is coming from "zombie" PC's
    under the control of spammer viruses/trojans.

    So it's waste of time to try to track spam back to its source - you
    can't unless you're very, very good and have better tools than this.

    --
    Richard Steven Hack
    "Whatever does not kill me makes me stronger" -

    Richard Steven Hack, Oct 23, 2004