run) and Free.

Author: Spazmatic
http://www.ccleaner.com/
Date: 2006-02-14
Size: 1.2 Mb
License: Freeware
Requires: Win All
Downloaded: 677944 Times

[Home Page]
http://www.ccleaner.com/
snip>
What's New
v1.27.260 - [14th February 2006]
- Added secure file deletion.
- Added Windows HotFix Uninstaller cleaning.
- Added optional IE toolbar.
- Updated application icon.
- Fixed large file size issue.
- Fixed Firefox cookie error.
- Restyled Startup program list.
- Added cleaning for:
Grisoft AVG 7.0, TUGZip, AntiVir Personal Edition,
Google Toolbar 4.0
- Updated cleaning for:
MSN Messenger, DVD Shrink, Spybot Search and Destroy,
Adobe Photoshop CS2.
- Updated translations:
Hebrew, Romanian, French, German.
- Fixed small font issue with symbolic languages.
- Minor display fixes."

Nunya Bizniss

[majorgeeks download]
CCleaner (Crap Cleaner) is a freeware system optimisation tool. That
removes unused and temporary files from your system - allowing it to
run faster, more efficiently and giving you more hard disk space. The
best part is that it's fast! (normally taking less that a second to
run) and Free.

Now contains Yahoo toolbar, option NOT to install provided.
Be careful on installation clickthrough...

Daze N. Knights

Nunya said:
Now contains Yahoo toolbar, option NOT to install provided.
Be careful on installation clickthrough...

Yes, DO be careful. CrapCleaner is now putting crap on people's
computer. The Yahoo Toolbar installation is chosen by default and very
easy to breeze by. I did. Although I ordinarily watch these things
carefully, I ended up installing the damn thing and, afterwards, had to
take care to get the Yahoo junk completely off of my machine. Irfanview
has recently taken to doing the same thing with Google Desktop Search,
but at least makes the by-default "option" much more obvious. Ccleaner's
more blended-in approach is troublesome . . .

bambam

Now contains Yahoo toolbar, option NOT to install provided.
Be careful on installation clickthrough...

File size has changed a lot as well:

CCleaner126 529KB
CCleaner127 1.25MB

The end is near. ;)

nueoff

bambam said:
File size has changed a lot as well:

CCleaner126 529KB
CCleaner127 1.25MB

The end is near. ;)

Note that there are two versions you can download that do not contain
the Yahoo toolbar. I had to dig around to find them, though. It might
not be a bad idea to grab one while they are still available.

The following builds are for system admins and advanced users. They
are not for distribution or mirroring.

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Basic
- No Toolbar
0.54MB
Download now

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Slim
- No Toolbar
- English Only
0.40MB
Download now

http://www.ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

ms

bambam wrote:
Note that there are two versions you can download that do not contain
the Yahoo toolbar. I had to dig around to find them, though. It might
not be a bad idea to grab one while they are still available.

The following builds are for system admins and advanced users. They
are not for distribution or mirroring.

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Basic
- No Toolbar
0.54MB
Download now

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Slim
- No Toolbar
- English Only
0.40MB
Download now

http://www.ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

Thanks, I'll look for that on the next update.

Mike Sa

Daze N. Knights

Note that there are two versions you can download that do not contain
the Yahoo toolbar. I had to dig around to find them, though. It might
not be a bad idea to grab one while they are still available.

The following builds are for system admins and advanced users. They
are not for distribution or mirroring.

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Basic
- No Toolbar
0.54MB
Download now

CCleaner v1.27.260 - Slim
- No Toolbar
- English Only
0.40MB
Download now

http://www.ccleaner.com/downloadbuilds.asp

Interesting. Do you know what the difference between the "basic" and
"slim" version are?

nueoff

Daze said:
Interesting. Do you know what the difference between the "basic" and
"slim" version are?

The slim version is English only, while the basic supports a number of
languages.