The PCR Movies Thread!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
3D was ok, didn't didn't really add anything to it, but was good in places. But I've never been a huge fan of 3D tbh.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I'm the same - I'm not especially fussed about it. I don't like watching a film where there are clearly certain bits which were only put in just for the 3D effect - eg something flying out of the screen. I prefer it when it's more subtle and just adds to the immersion.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Anyone seen The Martian yet? We saw it last night and it was excellent! :thumb: I'd thoroughly recommend it. Probably one of the best space films I've seen, and Ian thought the same. Go and see it!

Just watched it, was a great film. One of those 'it was way better than I expected' type of movies. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Just watched it, was a great film. One of those 'it was way better than I expected' type of movies. :)

Ah excellent, I'm glad to hear it! :)

Anyone see the new Deadpool trailer?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yes that looks really good too! Cannot wait for Deadpool!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
We went to see The Force Awakens at the IMAX this morning. HOLY MOLY! It was awesome, and totally worth the wait :D

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice, how was the IMAX experience?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Nice, how was the IMAX experience?

Yeah it was brilliant! Wasn't all in 70mm, but the escape from Jakku was.

Given that we went on a Tuesday morning I was surprised by how busy it was! Nice that there were no kids though :)

The only thing that irritated me about the film was that I felt that everyone referred to BB-8 as 'he', when she is quite clearly a kick-ass girl :p

I really want to see it again! Might read the book to tide me over until the Blu-ray is out.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice one, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

BB-8 is a he. Wookieepedia says so! "Masculine programming"

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BB-8 :D

Although in all fairness it does seem more like a girl than a boy imo.

I'm toying with seeing it again tbh, the guys I went with the second time now want to see it again, so it would be their second viewing and my third!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Whoah. Don't think I've ever watched a trailer before that took me on such a journey! :eek: Certainly looks interesting.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Anybody seen The Hateful Eight yet? All the online reviews seem really good, but everyone I know who has seen it didn't like it...

Got a cinema voucher for Christmas so thinking of spending it on seeing either Deadpool or The Hateful Eight... but currently Deadpool is the most likely candidate.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Another one thats on my list, along with The Revenant. :thumb:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score

Ah yes, I'm looking forward to seeing that too! I read somewhere that it was shot using only natural light.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not watching that! I've been avoiding that trailer ever since the last one came out and pretty much spoiled the whole film! :mad:

Do want to see the film though. :)

Might do Deadpool this weekend!

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
Anybody seen The Hateful Eight yet? All the online reviews seem really good, but everyone I know who has seen it didn't like it...
We reckoned it quite relatively good; classic Tarantino!

The Revenant 'twas a most** excellent film. :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Might do Deadpool this weekend!

Did you go and see it? We were thinking of going this week, but then realised that it's half term and I don't fancy going when there are horrible teenagers there. Can't decide which is worse - crying babies / toddlers or cocky teens.

Hoping to go and see it next week though!

We reckoned it quite relatively good; classic Tarantino!

The Revenant 'twas a most** excellent film. :)

That's good to know - on both counts! :)

Ask a Question