Unzipping

Ray Rogers

Incredible, unzipping 1.22Gb to a folder on the desktop, started out at
something like 8 hours to finish, now it's down to 1 hour 30 minutes at the
incredible speed of, wait for it. . . . . . . 12.8 KB/sec. And it's running
both my cores at about 50-60%.

You know, I really like Vista and am sticking with it, but this has to be
addressed. Oh, must have hit a sticky patch, now it's down to 8.72 KB/sec,
8.44, bottomed out at 7.42 KB/sec.
Whew, it's done. That was a wild ride.

Ray Rogers

Thanks KB but I'm just using the default Vista Zip program, from what I read
that addresses the issue when another Zip program is installed.

KristleBawl

You could try temporarily turning your antivirus off.

Some people have said using those steps and downloading another zip utility
still works, even if they didn't already have one.