"Unspecified error" error message using drag and drop

Reaction score
I have been using Microsoft Visual Studio 2003 (.NET Framework 1.1) for a few months now without any problems. Today, when I try to drag and drop a DataSet from the Toolbox onto my WebForm, I keep getting a MessageBox with the error message "Unspecified Error". The same is true in all the projects I open. Can anybody suggest how I can rectify this situation? Many thanks.

Nigel

Reaction score
While searching on the Internet I found this solution to my problem (in particular message 5 in the thread):

http://groups.google.com/group/micr...visual+studio"&rnum=23&hl=en#e506ee6909b41807

Instead of deleting the most recent .aspx pages one by one in Visual Studio, I tried deleting the most recent datasets I had defined one by one. The second dataset I deleted rectified the problem. I redefined the datasets I had deleted and everything is working as normal again.

Hope this helps anybody who has the same problem. Many thanks to all who took the time to view this thread.

Nigel

Ask a Question