Windows XP Unread messages

Reaction score
Suddenly the marker that shows the number of unread messages in folders in outlook 2007 inbox is not working. When new messages come in it doesn't show the number there are. When I read a message the number doesn't go down. The problem fixes itself if I exit and restart outlook. Has anyone come across this before? Do you know how to fix it? It's really annoying as I have rules set up so that new email goes into automatically into specific folders and now I don't know when it arrives but have to check each folder individually. Also, because the count doesn't reset once I've read them it keeps showing there is new email to read when there isn't.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi Irena and welcome to PCR.

First thing to try is to reset all the settings in Outlook. Tools>Accounts then highlight Outlook & go into Properties.

Go to General and Server tags and re-enter all the settings there (you may need to write them down so you don't forget them) After re-entering them click Apply.

Then I would go into your Message Rules and reset everything there.

Then cross your fingers.

Ask a Question