    even tried to load Win98 from floppy, and that didn't
    work either)Safe mode and Last good config don't work
    either...any ideas?!?!?

    Satchmo, Jul 1, 2004

  2. Power off
    Desktop:...Open the case and reseat the hard drive IDE ribbon cable at
    both ends.
    Laptop:... simply remove and reinsert the hard drive.
    If that fails:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=297185
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=315403

    Otherwise go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer and
    download their hard drive diagnostics.

    Do you have a hard drive overlay such as Max Blast?
    Windows XP sometimes has issues with overlay software.
    You may need to perform a Clean Installation without their overlay
    software which is not needed anyway.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/