    Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE database
    file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
    mdb file.

    Guest, Jun 2, 2005

    Rick Brandt Guest

    T. wrote:
    > Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE
    > database file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my
    > original unlocked mdb file.

    An MDE does not "Lock" the source code. The source code is *removed* when
    the MDE is created. There is no way to get it back.

    --
    I don't check the Email account attached
    to this message. Send instead to...

    Rick Brandt, Jun 2, 2005

    Alex Dybenko Guest

    Alex Dybenko, Jun 2, 2005

    Jeff Conrad Guest

    "T." wrote in message:

    > Could somebody supply me or point me to code that will unlock an MDE database
    > file so as to have access to my code. You see, I lost my original unlocked
    > mdb file.

    Here is a past post of mine on this issue:

    The queries and macros are natively importable from mde's into a new
    database.

    You can import all the forms and reports at one time using Serge
    Gavrilov's free tool "MDE forms/reports extractor v1.1".
    http://accesstools.narod.ru/.

    Another link to try:
    http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=1

    And another option:
    http://www.eurodownload.com/download-software/5691/Access-MDE-Unlocker.html

    More information here:
    http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/faq.html#NotImpossibleToConv

    --
    Jeff Conrad
    Access Junkie

    Jeff Conrad, Jun 2, 2005
  5. I would HIGHLY recommend finding the nearest Irish Pub and having
    SEVERAL pints before reading on...

    Once the MDE is created is can't be cracked open. If you've lost the
    original mdb file, you're only option is to start from scratch.

    David C. Holley, Jun 2, 2005
  6. I haven't lost any of my .MDB's yet (touch wood), but I'll gladly take
    the irish pub suggestion anytime :)

    Nikos Yannacopoulos, Jun 3, 2005
  7. You mean your name is actually Nikos O'Yannacopoulos? <g>

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele

    Douglas J. Steele, Jun 3, 2005
  8. And you're Greek! That's disgusting to think that you'd take a pub over
    a taverna. At least promise me you'll be ordering ouzo.

    David H

    David C. Holley, Jun 4, 2005
  9. That is ridiculous(sp), its Nikos McYannacopoulos of the clan
    McYannacopoulas.

    Slainte

    David C. Holley, Jun 4, 2005
  10. That would be Scottish, David. Do they have Scottish Pubs? (Well, I guess
    they do in Scotland! :)

    My father used to tell a silly joke about Timoshenco being an Irish name. I
    forget most of it now, but the punch line was ... Tim O'Shea and Co! :)

    --
    Brendan Reynolds (MVP)

    Brendan Reynolds, Jun 5, 2005
  11. So we'll just pretend that he went through Ellis Island and the
    Immigration staff shortend his name from Nikos O'Yannacopoulos to 'Patty'.

    David C. Holley, Jun 6, 2005

  12. > And you're Greek! That's disgusting to think that you'd take a pub over
    > a taverna. At least promise me you'll be ordering ouzo.

    Sorry, I'm not ordering ouzo in an Irish Pub!!! Would you order bourbon
    in a russian bar?

    I live in a place with several other buildings in between tavernas, none
    of which is an Irish pub, I regret to say, so that's more appealing
    conceptually... I can't remember the last time I was in an Irish pub,
    but I can tell you I've been to a taverna three times in the past week -
    which probably explains some of my answers here :)

    Nikos Yannacopoulos, Jun 6, 2005
  13. I'll take any prefix as long as the pubs that go with it are worth it!
    After all, what difference does it make? Nobody will be able to
    pronounce it anyway, prefix or no prefix, four pints down the road!

    Nikos Yannacopoulos, Jun 6, 2005
  14. A real Greek would never find himself in an Irish Pub to begin with.
    (Unless it was to teach the non-Greeks a lesson or two.)

    David C. Holley, Jun 6, 2005
  15. HEY NIKKI!

    David C. Holley, Jun 6, 2005

  16. > A real Greek would never find himself in an Irish Pub to begin with.

    Why's that? And how come you know so much on Greeks?

    Nikos Yannacopoulos, Jun 6, 2005
  17. Because my mother bred with a non-Greek and I've been suffering the
    shame of it all ever since.

    David C. Holley, Jun 6, 2005