Unable to Update pub free/busy data

dchem

Why do I repeatedly (six or 8 times a day some days) get a
dialogue box that says "Unable to update public free/busy
data. Operation failed." ?

Below (at the bottom of this post)is a more detailed
statement of my problem and a kind reply from a newsgroup
user, but one thing that is not addressed in my problem
statement (or in the user's reply) is that I must click on
the dialogue box, the one that's telling me that it's
unable to update the public free/busy data.

Also, why is it UNABLE to update the public free/busy
data? I can see the likelihood of a message flitting
across the screen from time to time, saying that the
data's being updated but this problem involves a dialogue
box that won't go away until acknowledged and a dialogue
box that says the program is UNABLE to update the file.

I'm assuming this is not a part of the program's normal
operation, particularly since I've used the program for 6
or more years and this phenomenon only began to manifest
itself after we transisitioned to Windows 2000.

dchem