Windows XP Unable to right click anywhere

Reaction score
I'm new here.....and I would love some help. I'll try to provide as much info as I can.
My computer is about 8 years old and slowly on it's last leg, but I'm hoping it can hold out for a few more months

early today I realized I can no longer right click any where.

What I've done to no avail.

Ran CC Cleaner
Ran Malwarebytes - Anti-Malware
Ran AVG version 8.5.441
System Restore (to yesterday)
restarted my computer about a million times
I also ran hijack this, but don't know how to post what it found...I did NOT do anything with it

What I have
Windows XP - Home Edition Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636:Service Pack3)
Physical Memory 1,047,344 KB

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
New mouse?

really? could it be as simple as that?........is there any way to find out other than buying a new one? I only ask because the nearest Walmart or any store is about 20 mins each way lol

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Borrow one from someone else. You will only need it for a minute or so. Then you'll know one way or the other. :)

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

we call walmart Asda here in the UK ...

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks everyone........I'm going to try and get one today (borrow or purchase).......will let you know how it goes.

For the fact that I can use keyboard short cuts like Ctrl+C to copy, I bet it is just the mouse......I can't believe I was thinking it was SO much bigger! lol :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :)

A new mouse shouldn't cost too much, and I'm pretty sure that will be the cause of the problems - hopefully someone will have one you can borrow just to be sure :).

You've done all of the sensible steps to check for malware, so there's a very good chance it's just a simple hardware fault.

Reaction score
you could go into your mouse settings and change the right click to the left button, see if the menu will come up with the other button, then you will know if its the computer or the mouse

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad it's working now :D

FLCL said:
you could go into your mouse settings and change the right click to the left button, see if the menu will come up with the other button, then you will know if its the computer or the mouse

Now that's some clever thinking :thumb:

Ask a Question