Unable to preview JPG File Attachments in Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Discussion' started by DrPepsi, Oct 26, 2008.

  1. DrPepsi

    DrPepsi Guest

    Just all of a sudden, out of the blue, I am no longer able to Preview JPG
    file attachments in my Outlook 2007. I have always been able to do so, and I
    receive a VERY healthy number of them in my work and hobbies. The only
    thing(s) I can see that have changed on my system are the following:

    - Download Services (MS) Has attempted and / or Downloaded Service Pack 3.0
    SEVEN FLIPPING times in the past 12 days
    - Downloaded and installed Google - Picassa Beta 3.0 (which seemed to
    initially create problems for me in viewing PDF files in general - but a few
    program settings / preferences in the Picasa Beta 3.0 and the PDF
    Professional fixed that problem)

    I am currently running Adobe Acrobat 8.1 and I can't seem to find any
    setting in Adobe that are causing these problems. When I attempt to either
    open or preview a JPG file all I get is an outlook preview pane full of code
    garble (or if I attempt to open the file directly from the e-mail message it
    pops up a notepad window full of code garble).

    If anyone out there can offer some help, step, directions, instructions -
    SOMETHING it would be greatly appreciated.

    DrPepsi, Oct 26, 2008

  2. Why are you using acrobat to view JPG? What application is associated with
    JPG files in windows explorer?

    --
    Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

    Outlook Tips by email:

    newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 27, 2008

  3. DrPepsi

    DrPepsi Guest

    I guess myabe my reference to Adobe is incorrect or cross confused with the
    JPG and the PDF files not being viewable - for which I resolved the PDF
    issues.

    My problem is being able to preview JPG files . . . can anyone offer any
    guidance on where to look, what to look for or what settings I need to adjust
    / change where.

    You ask what application is associated with JPG files in Windows Explorer -
    I don't know . . . how can I check this, as I am sure that if I can figure
    out how to check, adjust or set this it may well be the solution to my
    problem.

    DrPepsi, Oct 27, 2008
  4. Double click on a jpg in windows explorer - what program does it open with?

    Diane Poremsky [MVP], Oct 27, 2008
  5. DrPepsi

    DrPepsi Guest

    When opening a JPG file from the Windows Explorer it launches the file in the
    Picasa (Beta 3) program - how do I change it so that it uses a 'core'
    program, such as Windows Picture & Fax or Microsoft Digital Image Editor?

    DrPepsi, Oct 27, 2008