Unable to logon via remotedesktop

Hi
I enabled remote desktop connection on an xp machine and added a domain user to the list to the access list. When the user try to logon via remote desktop he gets the message 'The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively?' Why is this

Thanks

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hi,

I understand even after adding the users to the access list.

Please check the following solutions:

Solution 1:

To resolve this issue, add allowed users to the Remote Desktop Users list:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

2. Double-click System, and then on the Remote tab, click Select Remote
Users.

3. Click Add type in the user account name, and then click OK. If you are
adding more than one user name, use a semicolon to separate the names.

Note: Adding users to the Remote Desktop Group requires that you are logged
on through an administrator account.

Solution 2:

From the Local Security Policies snap-in under administrative tools:

1. Go to -> Local Policies

2. Expand Local Policies -> User rights assignment -> Allow Logon through
terminal Services:

3. Add administrators (local) and "remote desktop users" groups (defaults).

4. Ensure that the appropriate users are added to these groups.

For example in a domain environment, the Domain admins group should be
automatically included in the local administrators group.
Any other user from the local SAM or the domain that should have remote
desktop access should be added to the "remote desktop users" group.

5. Also ensure that the "logon locally" user rights include the following
defaults:
Users, Administrators, Power Users, Backup Operators, Guest.

6. Also make sure that in "Deny logon through terminal services" that the
same groups are not listed.

Check if you are able to connect to the system remotely.

Hope the issue is resolved.

Thank you,

Rashmi