  1. User gets a error message: revised master index is locked
    for editing by (company name), when he edits the Excel
    spreadsheet.

    John Benedict, Jul 22, 2003

  2. Hi John,
    Sounds like a Shared workbook,
    Tools, Sharing

    Question is is the workbook used by only one person so that
    sharing might be unintentional. Shared
    workbooks have a revision history. There is an option to allow
    updating by more than one person at a time.

    Locked for editing by company name is probably the name
    that person chose under tools, Options, General for username.
    You may also see this preset by the computer manufacturer.

    ---
    HTH,

    David McRitchie, Jul 22, 2003