Unable to connect to Windows Live Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows XP Messenger' started by Michael Cintado, Sep 10, 2008.

  1. For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
    happening for anyone else?

    Michael Cintado, Sep 10, 2008

  2. On Sep 10, 4:11 pm, Michael Cintado <> wrote:
    > For some reason, I am unable to log into Windows Live Messenger, Is it
    > happening for anyone else?

    I'm getting the same problem: unable to log into Windows Live
    Messenger, or MSN Web Messenger. Getting a variety of errors,
    including

    "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
    temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
    81000314."

    Guess I'll have to try again later!

    Gareth

    garethjmsaunders, Sep 10, 2008

  3. Greetings,

    The service should be back up now.

    --
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Sep 11, 2008
  4. Michael Cintado

    AllisonRyall Guest

    As of this morning, Thursday, September 11th 2008, I am still having this
    problem. Others who I normally chat with on IM are also having the same
    problem. We are getting an error code 81000314 saying the service is
    unavailable but yet when we check the service status it says that all systems
    are up and running.

    AllisonRyall, Sep 11, 2008
  5. Michael Cintado

    Michael D Guest

    Morning All - my colleagues and I are expereincing the same issues. Can we
    get a status on the resoution Mr. Kay?

    Cheers

    Michael D, Sep 11, 2008
  6. Hi,

    It went down again -- but it's been up for the past two days so it should be fine now..
    again.

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Sep 14, 2008
  7. Michael Cintado

    Shermanex Guest

    When I'm using media center - I get a message at Media centers' start-up
    that it can't open "messenger" - I've had this problem for a couple months.
    I can open messenger separately but since it's a feature of Windows' MCE
    2005, - I noticed this problem shortly after my computer caught an automatic
    update of "service pack-3" does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this
    issue?

    Shermanex, Sep 20, 2008
  8. Hi,

    My fellow MVP Jason Tsang has a fix for this on his blog:
    http://blog.jasontsang.ca/2008/08/windows-messenger-error-in-media-center.html

    See method 2.

    Jonathan Kay [MVP], Sep 22, 2008
  9. Michael Cintado

    jon Guest

    hi i have not been able to log in to my messenger in months error
    code70080005 keeps showing up what can i do to fix this problem

    jon, Oct 13, 2008
  10. Michael Cintado

    charokee Guest

    You know it's strange, because I intermittently have problems getting into
    messenger and the messenger service tests on their end come up as Up and
    Running every time.......

    Well to fight dirty, close out of Live Messenger completely......Click Start
    ---> Run ----> regedt32 ----> File ----> Export -----> name the file
    regbackup -----> goto
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Policies and delete the
    registry key. It will lose all stored login and Appear Offline/Busy or
    whatever you had, but it gets me in probably 75% of the time after trying to
    log in 20 or more times.....

    charokee, Oct 16, 2008
  11. Michael Cintado

    syasha Guest

    Dear Sir,
    Have tried re-installing the Windows Live Messenger but still getting the
    same error message.

    "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger failed because the service is
    temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code:
    81000314."

    How can we resolved this & how long will it take?

    --
    thank you

    syasha, Jan 29, 2009