Unable to connect to the remote server - (compact Framework)

rbfigueira

I am creating one Pocket PC application and i have one
problem ... i work with one firewall !

I have created the pocket PC app on my local machine
(using VS.Net 2003).
When I run it in debug mode (using the Pocket PC 2002
emulator), and click on a button which calls that part,
the following error message appears:

"Unable to connect to the remote server "

I get this error one the line (11):

Line 10 : HttpWebRequest wr = (HttpWebRequest)
WebRequest.Create(_url);
Line 11 : WebResponse resp = wr.GetResponse();
Line 12 : Stream stream = resp.GetResponseStream();

Do I need to set the internet setting on the emulator?
Any thoughts guys?

Rich Hanbidge [MSFT]

You will need to configure your device for the firewall settings. This is
under the control panel, in "internet settings."

Cheers,
Rich
| From: "rbfigueira" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "rbfigueira" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Unable to connect to the remote server - (compact Framework)
| Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 01:07:05 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
|
| I am creating one Pocket PC application and i have one
| problem ... i work with one firewall !
|
| I have created the pocket PC app on my local machine
| (using VS.Net 2003).
| When I run it in debug mode (using the Pocket PC 2002
| emulator), and click on a button which calls that part,
| the following error message appears:
|
| "Unable to connect to the remote server "
|
| I get this error one the line (11):
|
| Line 10 : HttpWebRequest wr = (HttpWebRequest)
| WebRequest.Create(_url);
| Line 11 : WebResponse resp = wr.GetResponse();
| Line 12 : Stream stream = resp.GetResponseStream();
|
| Do I need to set the internet setting on the emulator?
| Any thoughts guys?

Timothy Ng [MSFT]

Hi there,

In the emulator, navigate to the settings screen, then hit the connections
tab. There, you should see several icons, one of which is "connections."
Hit that button, and a screen should pop up. "Modify" the "work settings",
and a dialog should pop up allowing you to configure a proxy server setting.

Timothy Ng
Software Design Engineer
Visual Studio for Devices