UML Object Mode For A User/Custom Control Containing An Extended WinForms DataGrid - Best Practices

R

Richard

Does anyone have a best practices object model for the properties and methods that would typically be involved with the GDI painting, rendering, etc. aspect of this control. Classes surely to be involved will be DataGridTableStyle, DataGridColumnStyle, GridColumnStyles Paint, Brush, Fonts, DataGridTextBoxColumn, DataGridBoolColumn, PointToClient, TableStyles, etc.

Basically we want to change row colors, fonts, borders, etc. based on the information in the row of the DataSet the grid will be bound too. I'd like to have the DataSet as a public property to start. The control will be used twice on the came form, one contain equity buy's and the other equity' sells. ByOrSell may be a public property.

Unavoidably I see we are going to have to extend a windows forms Datagrid, whether it's the .net, Infragistics, ExtendedDataGrid, etc., to conform to our specific application requirements.

R

Richard

I meant Model not Mode
Does anyone have a best practices object model for the properties and methods that would typically be involved with the GDI painting, rendering, etc. aspect of this control. Classes surely to be involved will be DataGridTableStyle, DataGridColumnStyle, GridColumnStyles Paint, Brush, Fonts, DataGridTextBoxColumn, DataGridBoolColumn, PointToClient, TableStyles, etc.

Basically we want to change row colors, fonts, borders, etc. based on the information in the row of the DataSet the grid will be bound too. I'd like to have the DataSet as a public property to start. The control will be used twice on the came form, one contain equity buy's and the other equity' sells. ByOrSell may be a public property.

Unavoidably I see we are going to have to extend a windows forms Datagrid, whether it's the .net, Infragistics, ExtendedDataGrid, etc., to conform to our specific application requirements.

Ask a Question