Outlook UKOnline & Microsoft Outlook 2003

Reaction score
I was wondering if someone could help?

I can't seem to get my UKOnline email address to send emails from Microsoft Outlook 2003?

Can someone help me out here?

Would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Reaction score
This usually means that your ISP doesn't like the address that mail is coming from (i.e. your IP) you may need to check that you have the correct pop and smtp settings. Yours should be "pop3.ukonline.co.uk smtp.ukonline.co.uk" without quotations

Reaction score
They are the settings I have.

I have no problem recieving messages, I just have a prob sending them!!

Reaction score
Outlook may need to be configured to autorize with UKOnline for sending emails.
You may be required to recieve before sending.
You may be sending email with a different domain extension to what UKOnline permit.
(ie... sending from... (e-mail address removed) through smtp.ukonline.com)

It's in the settings for the mail account within Outlook.
All but the last one can be sorted client side, however the last one would involve ukonline adding the address to allowed to relay... ISPs usually prefer to kick you before doing this.

Relay 550's occure due to ISPs / Servers blocking unauthorized relaying through them.
If they didn't they'd quickly be used for spamming and would be DNS blacklisted.
And we all know DNS blacklisting is very bad.... effectively kicking them of the web.

Ask a Question