UK passport size prints in XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
UK Passport size is 35x45mm, I would like to print some pics of the kids this size for school bus passes which require dark, not light as in photo booth backgrounds. Anyway I just got a new camera so I want to make them :)

XP doesnt seem to cater for this size of print? Come on someone prove me wrong please ;)

Other than using xp's own print wizard is there a freeware print assistant that will allow me to resize and print this dimension easily.

There doesnt seem to be a smiley for someone pulling out hair or I would have used it!

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try downloading Paint Shop Pro for free (a trial anyway) and then resize it manually and print it from there - thats what I did a few years ago :)

Reaction score
Yes I could Ian, but I would rather find a small freeware prog that will accept sizing in CM or MM so I can be sure what I want is what I get ;) and I can reuse it each time they need passes.
I had a quick look round and there are lots of resizing progs available but they seem to use pixels, this is ok for the net or email but I would like to size in inches or metric units.

Someone on this board uses exactly what I need, you wait and see ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
http://www.irfanview.com/

This will do what you want. :thumb:

You can resize in Pixels, CM or Inches. Plus some more cool things to play with.

I use it to resize photos for email and alike.

Hope it helps! :)

Reaction score
Yep, that works a treat thanks, but I got stuck still at resize ;)

How many should be in the box marked DPI?

It had just 1 in when I opened the resize box and I stuck 100 in there once I figured out what was causing crazy things to happen.

Original pic was 1600x1200 pixels and I wanted to go 35x45mm.

Of course once I got acceptable images I then couldnt find a way of printing multiples on a page with any of the s/ware I have here, ended up copying them into word and printing.

Reaction score
Went for Irfanview in the end, Gimp was just too much info for me (sorry)

Managed to resize to exactly 35x45 in the end and print, I will have forgoten how to do it this time next year when No2 daughter wants a bus pass.

Thanks all ;)

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your information.

[mucks edit - spam removed, about to ban]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question