Event ID: 7000
Date: 17/04/2004
Time: 10:43:38
User: N/A
Computer: HOME
The UDNT service failed to start due to the following error:

I am running Windows XP Home and have a UMAX Astra 1220U scanner attached.
I have renamed the file udnt.sys to udnt.sy_ as suggested in a Microsoft KB
article but still the error (that results in a system crash) remains.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
RAH
I keep getting the following error in event viewer.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7000

Date: 17/04/2004
Time: 10:43:38
User: N/A
Computer: HOME
The UDNT service failed to start due to the following error:

I am running Windows XP Home and have a UMAX Astra 1220U scanner
attached. I have renamed the file udnt.sys to udnt.sy_ as suggested
in a Microsoft KB article but still the error (that results in a
system crash) remains.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
RAH

<snip>

From a previous post:

It applies to Umax scanners with the Vistascan driver.

If the scanner is not switched on when the computer boots the UDNT service
cannot start and records the error.

You can see the service status in Device Manager if you enable "Show hidden
devices" from the View menu.

More info here: http://tinyurl.com/33aoo

--
McPloppy ©

{ Remove both MyShoes to email me }
{ Homepage: http://tinyurl.com/bbel }
{ Local Radio: http://tinyurl.com/j1vi }
{ My Alternative Site: http://tinyurl.com/rynb }

William Wang[MSFT]

Hi RAH,

I'd like to check if Mcploppy's information help you
resolve this issue. If not, you may want to follow
these steps to disable the service:

1. Run services.msc.

2. Find this service and double click on it. Set its
Startup type to "Disabled".

Sincerely,

William Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer