I just got a U.S. Robotics 56k Performance Pro Modem and I
put it in about 3 different PCI slots and still the same
problem accurred each time. I would remove the modem each
time before changing the modem into a different slot. The
problem comes when I try to query the modem. There is an
error. Another problem Im having is that my v92 modem isnt
connecting to its full potential. IT IS NOT THE PHONE LINES
IN THE HOUSE, THEY HAVE BEEN CHECKED. Everytime I connect
the modem speed is at a constant 31.2k every single time.
Something is causing my modem from not connecting to its
full deserved connection. Can any one give me some pointers
or some advice on how to fix this problem. Thanks
Dave

G

I am experiencing the same problem.... Same USR Modem, the 56k Performance Pro modem, running Win XP home Edition. Installed the card, installed the S. Ware, connected only TWICE at 56k (immediately after installing card and SWare)....then my ISP software (CServe) reported 28.8..and remains there. Tried new flash mem. from USR site, tried new Ver. of USR S.Ware. USR replaced the card, no luck. Ordered and installed new Ver. of CServe... No luck... Tried many initialization stings recommended by Tech Support @ USR to force the card into V90 protocol.... Still at 28.8
I can't believe it's the phone connection, or Cserves' servers.
PLease help... talking to support @ CServe is clearly coming from Overseas and is useless.

G

I'm having a similiar problem. I have a new desktop with XP Professional, and my USR v92 modem connects at 40K - no less, no more. Where as my laptop with XP Home and v92 connects even at 48K to the same ISP. Besides I cannot get the ICN working. Exchanged dozens of emails with USR but of no help. Call waiting is not disabled on my system. If I uninstall ICN, my internet connection drops when there is an incoming call.

Help.....S

----- Tom wrote: ----

I am experiencing the same problem.... Same USR Modem, the 56k Performance Pro modem, running Win XP home Edition. Installed the card, installed the S. Ware, connected only TWICE at 56k (immediately after installing card and SWare)....then my ISP software (CServe) reported 28.8..and remains there. Tried new flash mem. from USR site, tried new Ver. of USR S.Ware. USR replaced the card, no luck. Ordered and installed new Ver. of CServe... No luck... Tried many initialization stings recommended by Tech Support @ USR to force the card into V90 protocol.... Still at 28.8
I can't believe it's the phone connection, or Cserves' servers
PLease help... talking to support @ CServe is clearly coming from Overseas and is useless

T

Trent©

I can't believe it's the phone connection, or Cserves' servers.

1. Take the machine to another location and try it...work, friend,
etc.

2. Connect the modem directly to the switch box outside the
house...thereby by-passing all internal house wiring.

If you DID get 56k at one time (outside the U.S.?), it sounds like a
line problem.

Good luck.

Have a nice week...

Trent

What do you call a smart blonde?
A golden retriever.

G

Directly connected to phone service at house, thereby bypassing all house phone wiring - still at 28800.
I'vee read a few modem support Web pages... the claim is that a USR has problems IF phone Co. has analog/digital converters on the lines. Also ran a freeware test, having to do with DB drop, and also got some parameters regarding "Blers" (sp?). Results indicate that DB drop is not that great for 56K, Blers is not so out of line.
Is there some software, or Windows settings that may be the culprit?
Thank You

Ask a Question