Typing powers in maths and "v" on top of lettters. Help.

URBAN

Dear Group Member,
Using English keyboard, I know how to type powers e.g. x¹, x², x³ .
Question:- how to type x to power 4?
I know how to type á,à,â,ä. Question:-Is there a way oftyping , not â
(i.e.with ^ on top of a ) but a with a "v" on top of a?
By the way I can type Chinese characters but I do not know how to
type their "Pinyin" counterparts. Thus white is 百 but its Pinyin is
bai with a V on top of a, which I cannot type.
Help me please,
Regards and thank you in advance,
Urban

Phil Weldon

'URBAN' wrote:
| Using English keyboard, I know how to type powers e.g. x¹, x², x³ .
| Question:- how to type x to power 4?
| I know how to type á,à,â,ä. Question:-Is there a way of typing , not â
| (i.e.with ^ on top of a ) but a with a "v" on top of a?
| By the way I can type Chinese characters but I do not know how to
| type their "Pinyin" counterparts. Thus white is ? but its Pinyin is
| bai with a V on top of a, which I cannot type.
| Help me please,
| Regards and thank you in advance,
_____

Do you mean like this bâi ?
And like this ÂÊÎÔÛH ?
One method is to use Character Map. This applet is in the \system 32
directory of your Windows installation (the file is charmap.exe). The
possibilities available depend on the font used. You can copy and paste
into any application. The application also gives the keystroke combination
for directly typing the character. Some fonts have a few superscripts X¹
z² y³ aº.
Some characters in some fonts do not have keystrokes for direct entry, and
only have the unicode value.

Word has an Equation Editor that is more convenient for mathematical
expressions.

Phil Weldon

"URBAN" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
Dear Group Member,
Using English keyboard, I know how to type powers e.g. x¹, x², x³ .
Question:- how to type x to power 4?
I know how to type á,à,â,ä. Question:-Is there a way of typing , not â
(i.e.with ^ on top of a ) but a with a "v" on top of a?
By the way I can type Chinese characters but I do not know how to
type their "Pinyin" counterparts. Thus white is ? but its Pinyin is
bai with a V on top of a, which I cannot type.
Help me please,
Regards and thank you in advance,
Urban

Phil Weldon

Sorry, I missread your post, but are you sure you mean a 'v'? That is not a
diacritical mark used in Latin fonts. Perhaps there is a specialized font.

Phil Weldon

| 'URBAN' wrote:
|| Using English keyboard, I know how to type powers e.g. x¹, x², x³ .
|| Question:- how to type x to power 4?
|| I know how to type á,à,â,ä. Question:-Is there a way of typing , not â
|| (i.e.with ^ on top of a ) but a with a "v" on top of a?
|| By the way I can type Chinese characters but I do not know how to
|| type their "Pinyin" counterparts. Thus white is ? but its Pinyin is
|| bai with a V on top of a, which I cannot type.
|| Help me please,
|| Regards and thank you in advance,
| _____
|
| Do you mean like this bâi ?
| And like this ÂÊÎÔÛH ?
| One method is to use Character Map. This applet is in the \system 32
| directory of your Windows installation (the file is charmap.exe). The
| possibilities available depend on the font used. You can copy and paste
| into any application. The application also gives the keystroke
combination
| for directly typing the character. Some fonts have a few superscripts X¹
| z² y³ aº.
| Some characters in some fonts do not have keystrokes for direct entry, and
| only have the unicode value.
|
| Word has an Equation Editor that is more convenient for mathematical
| expressions.
|
| Phil Weldon
|

| "URBAN" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
| | Dear Group Member,
| Using English keyboard, I know how to type powers e.g. x¹, x², x³ .
| Question:- how to type x to power 4?
| I know how to type á,à,â,ä. Question:-Is there a way of typing , not â
| (i.e.with ^ on top of a ) but a with a "v" on top of a?
| By the way I can type Chinese characters but I do not know how to
| type their "Pinyin" counterparts. Thus white is ? but its Pinyin is
| bai with a V on top of a, which I cannot type.
| Help me please,
| Regards and thank you in advance,
| Urban

Wesley Vogel

Question:- how to type x to power 4?

Use MS Word and use Superscript.

Make text superscript or subscript
1 Select the text you want to format as superscript or subscript.
2 On the Format menu, click Font, and then click the Font tab.
3 Select the Superscript or Subscript check box.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User