two parameters - three prompts

I have a query with two parameters, each parameter is used only once.
However when I run it in Access2000 it promptes me for the three parameters.
The first time is promptes for some un-named parameter, and them for those
parameters in the query.

It returns an empty field unless I enter for the first un-named parameter
the same value as for the third one.

Can someone comment on that?

Ken Snell

Chances are that you have a typo in one of the query parameters and that is
why you're seeing the extra one. Post the SQL of the query.

Thanks, Ken
The query:

SELECT
Avg(competition.price_rub*sqr(t_main.per_pack/competition.quantity))/[rub]
FROM competition, analog, t_main
WHERE analog.af_product=[pCode]
AND
analog.af_product=t_main.pr_code
AND
analog.direct_analog=yes
AND
analogs.competitor_id=competition.id;

Ken Snell

Because I can't see the screen when you run the query, can you tell me what
you mean by "unnamed"? Does that mean you get a input box with no text in
the window, just the textbox? And which parameter is the second one? which
is the third one that you are asked to provide?

--
Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

Thanks, Ken
The query:

SELECT
Avg(competition.price_rub*sqr(t_main.per_pack/competition.quantity))/[rub]
FROM competition, analog, t_main
WHERE analog.af_product=[pCode]
AND
analog.af_product=t_main.pr_code
AND
analog.direct_analog=yes
AND
analogs.competitor_id=competition.id;

Thanks, Ken
I've just sorted it out.
As you suggested, a typo.
In the filed name I mistook 1 (ONE) for l (EL)