Turn Off Autoplay

G

I used GPEDIT.MSC to open Group Policy in the Microsoft Management Console. I double-clicked Computer Configuration, then Administrative templates, then system and Turn Off Autoplay. I enabled "Turn Off Autoplay" and chose CD-ROMs to prevent Autoplay from opening when a program CD was inserted. Despite a note that indicates that MusicCDs should still Autoplay, my music CDs no longer start automatically. Am I miss interpreting the Turn Off Autoplay procedure

For reference there was a tip posted by Doug Knox February 18, 2002 on the MS Expert Zone that spelled out the procedure I followed.

T

Thorsten Matzner

MFG said:
I used GPEDIT.MSC to open Group Policy in the Microsoft Management Console. I double-clicked Computer Configuration, then Administrative templates, then system and Turn Off Autoplay. I enabled "Turn Off Autoplay" and chose CD-ROMs to prevent Autoplay from opening when a program CD was inserted. Despite a note that indicates that MusicCDs should still Autoplay, my music CDs no longer start automatically. Am I miss interpreting the Turn Off Autoplay procedure?

Try setting up this in TWEAKUI.EXE > My Computer > AutoPlay > Types
instead. TweakUI is available from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp.

Ask a Question