TSW Webcoder no longer available

Clif Notes

I found that TSW has gone totally shareware. I haven't been able to
locate any copies of the free versions. If I remember, it was a
registerware app.

Here's a snippet of the author's post from TSW's forum.

"I know that some of you will probably be mad, perhaps even angry about
this. Please try to understand that I'm not doing this because I'm a
greedy bastard. This is the same guy who spent a lot of his youth, 7
years to be precise, creating free software for you! I haven't changed,
the situation has. Please don't flame me for this. Constructive
criticism is always okay, flaming is not."

I'm not mad. I'm kind of sad, like I'd just lost a good friend to
cancer.

Clif
http://clifnotes.net & http://freewarewiki.pbwiki.com
Devoted to promoting Freeware and Free Information

Denis

I'm not mad. I'm kind of sad, like I'd just lost a good friend to

I'm sorry, but if you really mean that, then you should either think about
your morbid addiction to software, or how valuable your friends are to you.
:-(

Regards,

Denis

Clif Notes

Denis said:
I'm sorry, but if you really mean that, then you should either think about
your morbid addiction to software, or how valuable your friends are to you.
:-(

Regards,

Denis

;-)

Perhaps I am being a bit over-dramatic. Good point.

Mike Bourke

Analagies always carry an extremist emphasis. This is a necessary evil in
order to convey the primary message, which in this case is how you feel
about the situation - ie profoundly saddened.

Mike

Susan Bugher

Clif said:
I found that TSW has gone totally shareware. I haven't been able to
locate any copies of the free versions. If I remember, it was a
registerware app.

Yes, it was/is a Registerware app => there isn't any last freeware
version - the app just can't be registered for free any more. There was
some discussion about that in this thread "Free HTML editor" a few days ago.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Albert Wiersch

Clif Notes said:
I'm not mad. I'm kind of sad, like I'd just lost a good friend to
cancer.

Clif,

There's nothing wrong with supporting software authors of programs you
really like. Why not consider supporting the program if you use it?

Clif Notes

Albert said:
Clif,

There's nothing wrong with supporting software authors of programs you
really like. Why not consider supporting the program if you use it?

Hi Albert,

That is good advice. I don't use WebCoder, but I did try it out
briefly. If I did use it I'm sure I'd consider taking your advice and
purchase it. The price was very reasonable.

More and more these days I'm setting up my work so that I can do it all
online with online tools. Fortunately for me, these are all free tools
so far. The only things I've had to pay for is a fee I paid to one of
my webhosts to remove the advertising from my website there. Now all my
sites are commercial free except for a blog site I'm planning on
leaving behind.

Clif
http://clifnotes.net & http://clifnotes.tk

Susan said:
Yes, it was/is a Registerware app => there isn't any last freeware
version - the app just can't be registered for free any more. There was
some discussion about that in this thread "Free HTML editor" a few days ago.

Susan
--

Hi Susan,

I did a quick search for TSW before I posted. I didn't see that post.
Thanks.

Clif
http://clifnotes.net & http://clifnotes.tk
Devoted to promoting Freeware and Free Information

Top