Trying to link my gmail account with my windows mail...

Shannont626

I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I resolve
this?

Shannont626 said:
I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on
your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I
resolve
this?

We're short on IMAP experts in this newsgroup, so you may have to wait
longer for an answer than most people who come to this newsgroup.
However, Windows Mail often gives incorrect error messages when it
encounters problems caused by antivirus programs, such as calling them
problems with having too little memory. What if any antivirus programs
do you have, and have you ever had a Norton or McAfee antivirus program
on that computer, even one of the trial versions that often come already
installed on new computers?

keithwkl

Check if you have NOT checked "Log on using Secure Password Authentication"
in Incoming Mail Server. If checked, uncheck it and try again.

Cindie O.

this sounds like it would be helpful if I understood any of it! translations
available for the equivalent of a toddler?

Ksimons

I keep recieving this message and have norton 360 on my computer. Is that
why it will not synch? I get the exact same command and have done everything
else correct.

Please help.

boope

Shannont626 said:
I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I resolve
this?

thunder

Shannont626 said:
I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I resolve
this?

thunder

locoeng said:
Have a look at this tut and see if you've done everything right up to
this point...

'Setting up Gmail IMAP Support for Windows Vista Mail :: the How-To
Geek'
(http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/setting-up-gmail-imap-support-for-windows-vista-mail/)

--
locoeng

Vista Ultimate 32/64 bit dual boot
Gigabyte EP35 DS3R
XFX GeForce 8600GT
Corsair 520HX
G.Skill DDR II 800 X2 gigs
Seagate 120GB (IDE) X2
WD 750 (SATA)
Samsung SH203B SBO3 patched codeking
Pioneer 215L patched MCSE
NEC/Optiarc 7200S 1.06bt Liggy&Dee
Lite-On 20A1L BL06 -FB FBL EOS EOHT 6-

thunder

Shannont626 said:
I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I resolve
this?

dark bird

Shannont626 said:
I get this error...Your IMAP command could not be sent to the server due to
non-network errors. This could for example indicate a lack of memory on your
system. How do I find out if it is a lack of memory issue? How do I resolve
this?

Upset Customer Losing Loyalty

I find it very mysterious that Outlook 2007 on the same computer can handle
IMAP gmail like a charm but the default Windows Mail program cannot. Wait! No
I don't Microsoft is just trying to force us to buy outlook.

And what is Microsofts relief they provide to us. To get all of us who can't
and don't know how to get Windows Mail to work with Gmail together and talk
about it. Lets see I have this problem I dont know how to fix I know, let me
talk to someone else wiith the same problem who hasn't been able to get it
fixed either.

Shannon its not a lack of memory issue it is a lack of support issue.
Microsoft intentionally left out the authentication methods required by Gmail
from Windows Mail, but included those same authentication methods in Outlook
so that people like me and you would have a strong incentive to spend the
extra $100 for Outlook. I dont believe in Piracy its wrong, but I do believe
in knock offs, and that is what I am going to do. Go download a cheap knock
off of Microsoft Office, because I hat bein bent this far over the barrel.

Gordon

"Upset Customer Losing Loyalty" <Upset Customer Losing
I find it very mysterious that Outlook 2007 on the same computer can
handle
IMAP gmail like a charm but the default Windows Mail program cannot. Wait!
No
I don't Microsoft is just trying to force us to buy outlook.

Just set up my Gmail account in Windows mail - works perfectly.
I suspect that you may have missed a setting. Go to the Settings link on
your GMail account and check them all VERY carefully....

Betty Vera tovar