Trying to improve 35mm slide scans w/1200 dpi scanner

Mike Kohary

Peter said:
Sure. you could start by extending your current filter into the body
text of any message. that would catch all/most of the messages that
are replies to him. " "me" <anonymous@_.com> wrote in message", etc.

Ok, thanks, that will work, and I wasn't smart enough to think of that
myself. ;) Thanks also grol and BillB, who suggested the same.

Mike Kohary

Obssessed? Yes, but with the truth about photography, and helping
beginners.

I understand what you're saying. I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if
you don't kind of thing. If you stop responding, maybe he goes away after a
while, but in the meantime he misleads newcomers and perhaps other people
respond to him, nullifying your own effort. But if you keep responding,
he's guaranteed to keep coming back (and of course, you'll never win the
"arguments").
Over to `me` now - have the last word by all means. Note the folowing
post as a good example (Mike, fyi - you were called a `F#CKING
HYPOCRITE` by `me`, along with further accusations of the gang
mentality, naturally)

I don't care. He's full of nonsense, which concerns me not at all.

Peter D

If the input of a recent lurker is worth anything, keep responding to the
motivation to assist others. I appreciate it.

me

Peter D said:
damned after

If the input of a recent lurker is worth anything, keep responding to the
motivation to assist others. I appreciate it.

I intended no conflict with you Peter but you are incorrect about his
motivations which in reality are mutual masturbation and familial ego
stroking.
Film best,
me

PS: The alt.photography gang hate it when I say film best. They first
attacked me on 10/29/04 in "Camera for my Wife": http://tinyurl.com/5brkq

me

Mike Kohary said:
I understand what you're saying. I guess it's a damned if you do, damned if
you don't kind of thing. If you stop responding, maybe he goes away after a
while, but in the meantime he misleads newcomers and perhaps other people
respond to him, nullifying your own effort. But if you keep responding,
he's guaranteed to keep coming back (and of course, you'll never win the
"arguments").

I don't care. He's full of nonsense, which concerns me not at all.

Prevaricator, your post invalidates everything you say.
Film best,
me

PS: The alt.photography gang hate it when I say film best. They first
attacked me on 10/29/04 in "Camera for my Wife": http://tinyurl.com/5brkq

Steve

But I tried multi pass scanning up to 16 times and the 'grain was still
there, same pattern. If it had been noise it would have averaged out. I
think the Canon has good sharp optics and at 4000 dpi picks out the grain.
The thing is the paper printing process tends to eliminate the grain effect
whereas its more noticeable on a monitor. Neatimage though is excellent and
has the added advantage of reducing file sizes from around 13MB to 3MB -
that grain detail sure takes a lot of megabytes!

John T. Jensen

Chrlz!

To the best of my knowlege the best scans are produced by very expensive
drum scanners. If your shots are valuable you might look into an
outside service. Another problem is that every technician that operates
the scanning equipment may not be the best. Trial and error should
satisfy you (i hope)

john