Trusteer Rapport

Reaction score
My bank (HSBC) asks me to install some software called Trusteer Rapport to sign in securely. I don't like installing anything that I don't need to, especially another layer of security software. It looks like it may also be called Trusteer Endpoint Protection.

Do I need to install this software to bank securely?
Will it slow down my PC?

I would be very grateful for any assistance with this matter.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The simple answer is no you don't need to install it. That said when it comes to your bank a little more security won't hurt.
I have used the Rapport software Natwest offers in the past and it has made no difference to my PC

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
HSBC don't do security unless it's behind 20 feet of concrete ... I did not install Rapport.

Best 'protection' is, go to the branch and leave online banking to the banks. :)

JMHO

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I've been offered various schemes from the banks but have never installed any of them. I always thought that they may interfere with my AV of choice which is Kaspersky.

Kaspersky includes a "Protected Browser" which is supposed to give extra protection when I access my bank account and any other website I choose to add in. Whether it works or not I've no idea but I do trust Kaspersky and am quite happy with it. :)

Ask a Question