TrustedInstaller.exe - very badly written VISTA process

jamez

Does anyone know if this problem has been reported to Microsoft yet?

It's a VISTA process that deals with microsoft updates. If your PC is
running slow, press CTRL+ALT+DEL, launch Task Manager and check the CPU usage
of this process. Ridiculous.

It absolutely kills my PC, mouse clicks take 10 seconds to respond,
processor maxed out, hard disk going like crazy. ALWAYS happens just after
windows login for about 5 minutes, then it's fine.

....And my PC is not slow. Intel Quad core extreme QX6950 at 4Ghz, 8GB
CORSAIR RAM, GeForce 8800 Ultra (Overclocked), 1TB Western Digital SATA HD.

The TrustedInstaller.exe process needs some serious work.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
There are a number of updates to trustedinstaller in SP1.
When SP1 is available please try that and see if the behavior has improved.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]