True fixed-width columns in DataGrid

TPSreport

ASP.NET 2003. Two DataGrids, six columns each, one grid
atop the other. I need to have the columns line up,
i.e., DataGrid1 Col(1) lined up w/ DataGrid2 Col(1) -
each the same width on the screen. All columns have the
same width assigned via Property Builder, and both
DataGrids themselves have the same fixed width. Wrap is
OFF for each column item because I can only afford the
real estate for a single line; the users should have to
highlight and drag-right to see any hidden text in a
given cell.

However, the text in (say) col(2) is variable in size and
when the grids populate, col(2)'s width still expands or
contracts. So DataGrid1 Col(2) is a different width than
DataGrid2 Col(2) and it throws the alignment out of
whack - even though I've hardcoded the column and
DataGrid widths. Ideas? TIA.

TPS

bthatch

TPSreport said:
ASP.NET 2003. Two DataGrids, six columns each, one grid
atop the other. I need to have the columns line up,
i.e., DataGrid1 Col(1) lined up w/ DataGrid2 Col(1) -
each the same width on the screen. All columns have the
same width assigned via Property Builder, and both
DataGrids themselves have the same fixed width. Wrap is
OFF for each column item because I can only afford the
real estate for a single line; the users should have to
highlight and drag-right to see any hidden text in a
given cell.

However, the text in (say) col(2) is variable in size and
when the grids populate, col(2)'s width still expands or
contracts. So DataGrid1 Col(2) is a different width than
DataGrid2 Col(2) and it throws the alignment out of
whack - even though I've hardcoded the column and
DataGrid widths. Ideas? TIA.

TPS

It seems to ignore the fixed column widths set by property builder if
Showheader = false on the DataGrid.

TPSreport