trouble with the Asus 8V deluxe

Reaction score
Hi i am have trouble with the motherboad or somtihng else. i built the PC myself but i dont nkow were i gone wrong. here are the info on it
motherboad= Asus 8V deluxe
Powersupply= 375 watts
Prossessor= AMD 3000+ 1.8 Ghz
Ram=DDR PC3200 512mb at 400Mhz
Hard drive=Maxtor 30Gb 7200rpm
Graphics Card= 128mb nivida GeForce 6600GT AGP 8x-4x
extra usb slots PCI
extra ethernet pulg in PCI
Sound Blaster 5.1
DvD-CD 16X

well that it i connected it all together and when i turn on nuthing apears on the monitor. HELP

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

If you meant the K8V Deluxe download the manual and check that you have connected everything right. If the mobo has on-board graphics then connect your monitor to those and try and see if you get a picture. If you can use onboard graphics then do not install the 6600 card until you are sure the mobo is ok.

happywave.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Heres what i do when i can't get a new build to "post"

1. Do you have power? when you turn it on do the fans in the case spin?
2. Check to see if you have a CMOS switch or jumper, if so reset it.
3. Take out the RAM and turn it on, does it beep? if the so the motherboard is working, it is telling you it needs the RAM.
4. Take out the graphics card and put the RAM back in. Your motherboard has onboard graphics make sure your monitor is connected to this.
5. Turn it on and place your hand on top of the Hard drive, can you feel it spinning?
6. If you still can't get it to "post" check that the heatsink is properly seated and that the CPU is in properly.

Does your motherboard have any LED on it? are they working.
Are the parts new? Where did you buy them?

This may differ from other people do, but it should help you narrow down the problem.

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

If you meant the K8V Deluxe download the manual and check that you have connected everything right. If the mobo has on-board graphics then connect your monitor to those and try and see if you get a picture. If you can use onboard graphics then do not install the 6600 card until you are sure the mobo is ok.

happywave.gif
no its just 8V deluxe. dusnt have onboard graphics still nothing

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Heres what i do when i can't get a new build to "post"

1. Do you have power? when you turn it on do the fans in the case spin?
2. Check to see if you have a CMOS switch or jumper, if so reset it.
3. Take out the RAM and turn it on, does it beep? if the so the motherboard is working, it is telling you it needs the RAM.
4. Take out the graphics card and put the RAM back in. Your motherboard has onboard graphics make sure your monitor is connected to this.
5. Turn it on and place your hand on top of the Hard drive, can you feel it spinning?
6. If you still can't get it to "post" check that the heatsink is properly seated and that the CPU is in properly.

Does your motherboard have any LED on it? are they working.
Are the parts new? Where did you buy them?

This may differ from other people do, but it should help you narrow down the problem.
1.yes they
do.
2.?
3.it does not beep
4.no i do not have a input for onboard graphics
5.yes
6 no still no
yes they were working with my old motherboard untill it did this and i bought new motherboard from a shop down town and does the same thing im sure its not the graphics.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
No beeps is a bad sign. Your mobo could be a dodo. Have you looked for a manual on the Asus site?

user.gif

Reaction score
i always think of beeps as memory or RAM problems. I bet the -5v on the power supply no work. The video card want a 450 Watt power supply= it says on website.

Reaction score
hollydolly said:
i always think of beeps as memory or RAM problems. I bet the -5v on the power supply no work. The video card want a 450 Watt power supply= it says on website.
but on my graphic manual its says it needs 350watts?

Reaction score
saul7877 said:
1.yes they
do.
2.?
3.it does not beep
4.no i do not have a input for onboard graphics
5.yes
6 no still no
yes they were working with my old motherboard untill it did this and i bought new motherboard from a shop down town and does the same thing im sure its not the graphics.

have you tried botting the pc by plugging the mointor into the onboard graphics then going into the bios and changing it to the AGP card?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1) Disconnect all hard drives and optical drives from the motherboard and power supply (unplug all their cables). See if machine POSTS. If it does you need a bigger power supply (PSU).

2) If it doesn't, make sure video card and memory are seated correctly in their slots.

3) If you have two memory modules, try to POST using just one stick at a time. This would isolate a faulty module.

4) If all that fails take out the motherboard but leave cables connected, video card in, and place it on some insulating material, like a large piece of cardboard or a magazine. Be careful and make sure the bottom of motherboard will not short out.

If motherboard POSTS then, you have a short circuit somewhere on the motherboard mounting.

If all that fails it's likely you have a faulty:

a) Motherboard
b) CPU
c) Video card

d) Possibly the PSU.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Sorry i didn't post back i went away for the weekend, it sure does read like the motherboard is dead,

If it is all hooked up properly then it should beep if the RAM isn't in as its trying to "post", take the motherboard back to the shop and have them test it infront of you to show that it works.

You can tell if its the graphics card (whether not enough power or broken) put everything in the PC except the graphics card and turn it on if it beeps its a good sign its the graphics, if no beeps then the motherboard is a goner.

The shop you got it from, is it a local PC shop or is PC World or something like that?

Ask a Question