trouble with new ram

JW

Ortega,
I am confused:
Does your laptop have more then two memory slots?
What dim(s) do you have installed in it now?
I suspect that the boot error was caused by not having a truly matched pair
(two totally identical dims from the same manufacturer or by them being of a
higher speed then your original Dims.

Here is what I got.
http://www.everex.com/support/va2000t/Everex StepNote VA2000T Detailed Specification-v1.0.pdf
computer
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145593
memory

I am thinking they just dont like eachother even though you can get away
with it sometimes. Just didn't work for this case. CRAP. I think I'm going to
try these. THink it would work better. Not a fan of Crucial but who cares if
the computer works.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146517
I ran so many test all passed and the computer works for every after I get
past the first error. Then if I let it cool down same error a little while
later. WOOHOO..that is the odd part.

Ballistic

well now the OP has finally web access after the factory restore, and i'm
offically in HELL, i got on my pc today WITH THE ORIGINAL RAM the two 512mb
and again i got a blue screen of death, i hope it was only a single
occurence, hopefully after doing all the updates it won't happen again.....
wow 41 updates, that'll take forever, but in general i'm happy with the
restore my computer ended up faster than before when i had the factory ram,
i installed a whole lot less too, only the necessary, i have official word
about the upgrade ram i had(the two 1gig chip), it wasn't windows fault
before the restore, as soon as i had the restore done, i put in the new ram,
and i started having trouble again, with windows barely running, so i had to
do the restore again because the installation was corrupted, but now
everything is fine except for the one BSOD or also known as BULL SH*T OF
DEATH.lol the only trouble now is i don't know what to do about my friend
who desperatly need ram, i don't know whether to get some or not, my
experience of the situation tells me no, but she really needs more ram,
quite frankly i don't understand how vista could run with only 400mb of ram.
anyone has a idea?

Dustin Harper

Usually a good RAM tester should take less than 2 hours. That's a real
thorough test, too.

ato_zee

How long the test should be taking?
3 hours, 5 hours or 8 hours?

<[email protected]> wrote in message

If you can run Doc Memory or alternative RAM tester
for an hour with no errors I would assume the RAM is
not the cause of BSOD and look elsewhere for
the source of the problem.
If the memory test runs ok for an hour with no
problems it would be reasonable to assume that
the processor is also ok. This is not a 100%
proof as during memory testing the processor
probably isn't running at its full rating, but as
your BSOD is a boot time, the processor is unlikely
to have reached its maximum full load temp.
I'd look to attached hardware, USB devices, and
remove any non-essential devices.Do you still get the BSOD with just the original RAM?
Some motherboards don't like some makes of RAM.
Size of the individual memory chips and their
organisation.
My motherboard manual specifies certain
restrictions for compatible RAM.
Like 'this motherboard does not support memory
modules made up of 128 Mb chips or double
sided x16 memory modules.'