Trouble with file association

G

I installed an image viewer program to view my digital photo .jpg files. According to the list under the File Types option of Explorer's Folder Options, .jpg files are associated with this program. However, whenever I double click on a .jpg file in explorer, it opens with Windows Picture Viewer. I've tried associating .jpg files with Photoshop, but the same thing happens. Is there a way to dissociate these files from Picture Viewer so that I can open them with the other program?

A

Alex Nichol

Dave said:
I installed an image viewer program to view my digital photo .jpg files. According to the list under the File Types option of Explorer's Folder Options, .jpg files are associated with this program. However, whenever I double click on a .jpg file in explorer, it opens with Windows Picture Viewer. I've tried associating .jpg files with Photoshop, but the same thing happens

The file associations get pre-empted by the image view. Simple cure is
to Start - Run and run
regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll
which will unregister the viewer - it is possible to do a more complex
one then with registry edits to have the picture viewer as a right click
option if you find you want it

Ask a Question