trouble installing update to FP2003

I just bought a new computer which has Office 2003. I bought the update for
FP2003. Before I could load FP03 update, I had to install the back versions
of FP, which I did. Now I try to install FP03 update, but it wants an old
version of Office 97 or 2000 to proceed, which I don't have. I only have
office 2003. I tried to get FP to look at my new version of Office, but it
wouldn't., Any ideas?

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

What it wants is a former full version of FP to upgrade from. If you
don't have that, you must get a full version of FP2003 not the upgrade
version.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

As I said in my original post, I installed my FP 2000 first, then tried to
install FP2003. It is hanging up looking for an old version of Office.

Jens Peter Karlsen said:
What it wants is a former full version of FP to upgrade from. If you
don't have that, you must get a full version of FP2003 not the upgrade
version.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: trouble installing update to FP2003
Subject: trouble installing update to FP2003

I just bought a new computer which has Office 2003. I bought
the update for FP2003. Before I could load FP03 update, I
had to install the back versions of FP, which I did. Now I
try to install FP03 update, but it wants an old version of
Office 97 or 2000 to proceed, which I don't have. I only have
office 2003. I tried to get FP to look at my new version of
Office, but it wouldn't., Any ideas?

Thomas A. Rowe

You don't need to install FP2000 first, so you can uninstall it, then when installing FP2003, and it
indicates that it can find a qualify product, insert the FP2000 CD and point the dialog to the CD
drive.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.