Trojan/SpyAgent32

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I have been running "Spyware Terminator" ever since I read about it in another thread (courtesy of Mucks, as I recall:thumb: ) Yesterday, following it's daily scan, it came up with:

"Trojan/SpyAgent32 [Trojan]"

Registry HKLM\...\Microsoft\Windows\|CurentVersion\Uninstall\PicSizer
File C:\ ... \All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Picsizer\Remove PicSizer.Ink
File C:\WINDOWS\UNVISE32.EXE

I have been using "Axiom PicSizer" since 2004, on that machine, so it's the original (old) version. However, when I then ran "Spyware Terminator" on the other PC, (which is not connected to the first one, and which is running the newest version of Picsizer,) ST came up with exactly the same result.

I'm wondering whether it could be a false positive, but on the other hand, when I checked out the paths of PicSizer, I found that the text "UNVISE.EXE" is expressed as "Unvise.exe" in the programme. (Thought I'd read somewhere that in certain circumstances, the upper-case/lower-case text can denote the difference between the "good or evil" programme?):confused:

Hope that doesn't all sound totally confusing folks... your opinions would be most welcome. Thank you for reading this :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Well, you did right to ask for a second opinion ... now, may I be as bold to say ... go get a third opinion. ;)

Go to any On-Line AV scanner of your choice, and, run an online scan. :D

From my reading off the Internet UNVISE32.EXE is indeed associated with spyware and should be removed ... UNVISE.EXE is NOT spyware.

There are only an few Anti-this-n-that I will put my name to ... I do not recall putting my name to "Spyware Terminator" but, I could be wrong. :confused:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Hi there Mucks, and thank you for your reply, I shall do as you advise right now, because nothing else - barring Spyware Terminator, has picked up on it so far.

Oops - I'm sorry if I mistakenly attributed the recommendation to yourself, that's got me puzzled now, as I've had it firmly lodged in my mind that I read it in one of your threads .... it's official, I'm losing the plot!! :lol:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just used Trend Micro Housecall, which has taken until now to complete it's scans (it told me that I had a slow connection ... :) ) Anyway, all it came up with is a tracking cookie (which Spyware terminator had also picked up. I rang the scan again, and it found nothing. Then I re-scanned with Spyware Terminator, which is still reporting the same Trojan - as already set out above. Ooh-er. :(

Anyway, must go and get us a quick meal. One needs strength for battling against Trojans methinks :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Yes, I would have some food ... helps to keep one from starving to death. :D

I trust Spybot Search&Destroy, go get it, install & update it, turn off Spyware Terminator and let SBS&D have a nosey around ... if it reports nothing, then I would be happy also. ;)

It is highly possible that ST is detecting a false positive as the two file names are very similar.

Bit late for dinner ???

user.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I did just as you suggested Mucks, and ran Spybot - twice - just to be sure, but all it found nothing more sinister than three tracking cookies, so hopefully, the horses have galloped - if they were ever here :D

Re the late dinner - no, we'd had that hours earlier, so just needed a bit of "topping-up" after a busy day clearing out some things to take to the charity shop - wouldn't it be great if there was a "de-frag" button we could press for tasks like that? ;)

Just finished downloading "Spyware Blaster" which I see IS mentioned in other threads here :nod: where on earth I saw the Spyware Terminator feature, is a puzzle... unless it was in my PC magazine .... hmmm

Thank you again for your help with this. As always, it was much appreciated.

Reaction score
"Note on SpywareTerminator: We originally listed Spyware Terminator on this page out of concerns that Crawler, the company behind the product, had established connections with IBIS, a well known adware distributor responsible for such adware programs as Wintools, Websearch, & Huntbar. Although we found no problems in our initial testing with Spyware Terminator, and while the vendor itself announced that it was exiting the adware business (1), we decided out of caution to impose a three month probation period before we would consider re-testing and, if warranted, de-listing the the product from the Rogue/Suspect list. During that three month probation period we monitored the behavior of IBIS and Crawler. At the end of the three month probation period we re-tested Spyware Terminator, again finding no problems serious enough to justify listing the program on this page. As the vendor involved has not been involved in the distribution of adware for many months, and as the program itself exhibits no problems serious enough to warrant mention on this page, we have decided to de-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can no longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect." =

http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#spyterm_note

Ask a Question