Trojan found in Memory.DMP file

Reaction score
In my last virus scan my software detected the following:
C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP: Trojan.Bat.FormatC-6 FOUND
I instructed the virus software to quarantine that particular file. In looking it up on Google everything states that it is a memory dump file that contains info from previous system crashes or errors found on the Windows error reporting feature (which I never report anyway). Is it okay for me to just delete the Windows/Memory.DMP file from my system with a control/D so it does not go to the recycle bin? Will it cause any problem with the Trojan file that was found? Is there a better way to permanently delete the file that will be less likely to cause damage to my system?
Thanks!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Many AV scanners detect a false positive like this ... double check with an on-line scanner such as, HouseCall & Kaspersky.

I always send off an "error report" as you sometimes, no kidding, get a "fix" to the problem. ;)

You could also download Hijackhis so we could have a look for any possible nasties.

:user:

Ask a Question