Trim function not working

Reaction score
Trim function not working in MDE at User's machine

I have Access 97 and office 2000 at my machine. I made MDE and sent that MDE to end user. it was working fine.

Now last time, MDE was made from another machine which have Access 97 and Office 2002(sp-3). That MDE is working fine with our machine but it is giving error at end user's machine "Function isn't available in expressions in query expression 'Trim([Field Name])'".

I refreshed the links again and made MDE at my machine but now all such MDEs are giving same error at end user's machine.

I placed the MDB file at one of end user's machine, Refreshed the links and made MDE at user's machine. This MDE is working fine at that machine and error was resolved but when I tried to run that MDE at another user's machine, it has same error.

I got help from microsoft at the link below.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q194374/#appliesto
and I replaced two Type library files (DAO2535.TLB and MSDATSRC.TLB) from my machine to end user's machine but again same error.

Major issue is that this error doesn't come on developers machine. Only end user is facing this error and this error comes where Trim function is used in the query.

Any idea, why this is happening and how it could be addressed. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

(e-mail address removed)

Last edited:

Ask a Question