Trend Lines

PA

We are conducting some research on welding and have some X-Y data plotted
where the Y axis corresponds to # of Inclusions, and the X axis is thickness.
I have done a Scatter Plot, and wish to add a Trend Line.
The question is: what is the difference between a Linear and Logarithmic
Trend Line.
Thanks
Paul

David Biddulph

If you type the word TREND into Excel help, one of the topics is:
Equations for calculating trendlines

Also at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052078071033.aspx?pid=CH101178621033and also see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010877851033.aspx--David Biddulph"PA" <[email protected]> wrote in messageWe are conducting some research on welding and have some X-Y data plotted> where the Y axis corresponds to # of Inclusions, and the X axis isthickness.> I have done a Scatter Plot, and wish to add a Trend Line.> The question is: what is the difference between a Linear and Logarithmic> Trend Line.> Thanks> Paul