Transparent Iframes and scrollbars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey thought ill give a little tutorial :D

Transparent Iframe

Place this code to where u want ur Transparent Iframe to be:

<iframe src="URL OF FIRST PAGE" FRAMEBORDER="0" width="NUMBER" height="NUMBER" name="IFRAME NAME" style="position:absolute;left:NUMBERpx;top:NUMBERpx;"
allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Now on each of ur subpages.. add this code:

<body style=background-color:transparent>

Thats all for a transparent Iframe :cool:

Transparent ScrollBar

1. place this code in. (it is an IFrame)

<iframe src="welcome.htm" FRAMEBORDER="0" width="NUMBER" height="NUMBER" name="stuff" style="position:absolute;left:NUMBERpx;top:NUMBERpx;" allowtransparency="true" style="FILTER: chroma (color=FFFFFF)">

2. change the "FFFFFF" into another hex code color if other parts of your layout is FFFFFF. it must be a color that you didnt use for your layout.
3. now go to your css sheet and put FFFFFF (or the color you chose) in the place where you would like to be transparent. here is an example of:

<!--BODY{
scrollbar-face-color: #36243A;
scrollbar-highlight-color: #000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #36243A;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #36243A;
scrollbar-shadow-color: #36243A;
scrollbar-arrow-color: #000000;
scrollbar-track-color: #FFFFFF;
}
-->

and now your done! wasnt that easy?

Hope that helps anyone!

:brow:
:p

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers :D

I didnt realise this was possible, so I will have to give it a try tonight!

Reaction score
if you use Microsoft Front page though

you will have to make the sub domains and then open them in notepad and paste

<body style=background-color:transparent>

in , becuase for some reason frontpage dont like it and just deletes it :confused:

but it werks :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
because for some reason FrontPage don’t like it and just deletes it
Front page is NOT a good idea ... its coding is terrible ... see me for a 'lone' of Dreamweaver Matt, and then see what you can do. :D

Reaction score
ok then , but i start work this monday so it wil, have to b on a week end or something

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Frontpage isn't too bad - Dreamweaver is generally better though :)

Dreamweaver is great for complex coding and for more advanced users (if you use iframes and coding, as you are). Frontpage is ideal for people who don't know what they are doing though :)

Reaction score
Originally posted by Ian Cunningham
Frontpage isn't too bad - Dreamweaver is generally better though :)

Dreamweaver is great for complex coding and for more advanced users (if you use iframes and coding, as you are). Frontpage is ideal for people who don't know what they are doing though :)

ok thanks lol

this is realy my first site, (3rd layout though) so first off i didnt know what i was doing , i just woke up one morning and said to myself i gona make a site :crazy:

so i asked my firends what programmes to use, and one suggested frontpage, which his site looks great

so that why i used forntpage lol

Reaction score
Well when i used the iframe on geocities and the page builder, i just left that part out i kept it within the script but never filled andthing in or took anything out!

then once the script is inserted make the blue box thingy which contains the script the size on which u set the iframe to be and just use that as a template to where on the page the iframe would go.

hope it helps!

Reaction score
Nice, This is what I was looking for.

But how could you load with a link or hotspot an other page into the iframe?

Reaction score
So far so good for a transparent IFRAME.

However, I have a slightly different need. I have created an IFRAME, but the text inside the frame is very long. So, I wanna have a scrollbar inside the IFRAME. I tried the scrolling=true option but even then, I don't see any sing of the scroll bar. The only possible means to scroll down the text is to drag the mouse.

Could you tell me how to modify my code so that even though the IFRAME becomes transparent, the scrollbar remains visible?

I am using IE and I have no problem if this feature is compatible only to IE.

Reaction score
wildstyle said:
So far so good for a transparent IFRAME.

However, I have a slightly different need. I have created an IFRAME, but the text inside the frame is very long. So, I wanna have a scrollbar inside the IFRAME. I tried the scrolling=true option but even then, I don't see any sing of the scroll bar. The only possible means to scroll down the text is to drag the mouse.

Could you tell me how to modify my code so that even though the IFRAME becomes transparent, the scrollbar remains visible?

I am using IE and I have no problem if this feature is compatible only to IE.
I think you need to put scrolling:auto.
I have transparent Iframes and scrollbars on my site, and this works for me :)

Reaction score
i dunno if youve already solved this problem but this is the code ive got (below) if you make the backgroud to content inside the iframe the same as your page background then the frame will haveno border. im just trying to figure out how to change the colour of my scroll bar, i read the stuff above but i dnt get it!! lol hope this helped!

<iframe width=660 height=540 src="grouptext.html" frameborder=0 scrolling=auto></iframe>

The frameborder=0 is the width of the border and ive put scrolling=auto so the browser decides whether a scroll bar is needed, you can also put scrolling=yes

zoe

Reaction score
sorry, is the background to the content is the same as your page it will blend in when u add frameborder=0 to you code, jus thought id correct myself there!

Reaction score
i have a question about scroll bars, i colored a scroll for a page when it works on its own, its okay , but when its working in an ifram the scrollbar color doesn't work , can you tell haw to fix that problem ??

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to make a link that changes the pages in the IFRAME?

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
Raid said:
Can someone tell me how to make a link that changes the pages in the IFRAME?

start your own thread you will get more replies that way

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-2678309.php

wallbash.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question