Transfer Complete

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We have now completed the move to our new hosts - things should be running a little smoother from now on!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Dam ... this place is like a rocket. :D

Glad we didn't have a repeat of ...... :crazy:

Ok, who are they, how much Bandwidth, costs ... come on, details.

I may wish to follow. ;)

Well done Ian. :bow:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Woweeeeee! I think Its like switching from a Donkey Cart to a Farrari!

Good job, Ian!

I am so glad to see the progress you have made. You learned your lesson well!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Its uk.kualo.com hosting... they have been excellent with their service! They have been sorting out problems for me in about 15 mins at any time of the day - much better than the 8 hours at AWH.

I was toying with the idea of changing hosts after AWH started giving me "Yup, we'll fix it" to problems and then I heard nothing else, then deleting my forum posts about the problem! So, I already had an idea of which new host before the database failed. (Which was freshly backed-up ;))

Its on the £9.99 a month package at the moment, as it should do for the moment. In about a months time I will be back at home with a fast internet connection and should be able to make this a more active place (plus, my university exams will have finished! ;)). Once it does get more active with more articles, I may move to a small dedicated server, or just a big virtual server.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
The university itself has one of the fastest internet connections in the world, ironically! I'm in the only halls of residence out of 30ish that does not have ethernet ports in the rooms though, as it is being demolished this summer and a new one built!

Next years halls have a super fast connection, able to download at about 1500k/s on average from a fast server - and a swimming pool/gym! So its much much much better than this years :) I think it has a website : Wilmslow Park

Reaction score
...er...has it changed over yet? Yes? Wow, I didn't even notice...it must have been smooth...and much faster too :D :bow: ;)

Ask a Question