Too W i d e

R

robzrob

Hi

Got a cash sheet and want to put names addresses and email addresses of people in it but by the time I've got a column for each of these (the address column would be especially wide) and columns for other things, the workbookis going to be too wide for ease of viewing. Is there any way I can type the person's name in col B, then have something open up into which I can put their address and email? The addresses and emails don't have to be visible on normal view, just available for view if necessary and available for working on, ie for extracting info from for macros. I'd put these things ina comment box in the cell (that would do for visibility) but I really wantsomething more structured.

Cheers

C

Claus Busch

Hi,

Am Sat, 11 May 2013 10:54:48 -0700 (PDT) schrieb robzrob:
Got a cash sheet and want to put names addresses and email addresses of people in it but by the time I've got a column for each of these (the address column would be especially wide) and columns for other things, the workbook is going to be too wide for ease of viewing. Is there any way I can type the person's name in col B, then have something open up into which I can put their address and email? The addresses and emails don't have to be visible on normal view, just available for view if necessary and available for working on, ie for extracting info from for macros. I'd put these things in a comment box in the cell (that would do for visibility) but I really want something more structured.

you could use comments, Input message from Data Validation. You could
insert textboxes and set visible = false and make then visible when the
cell is selected.
Or you write the name in column B and make this name a hyperlink to a
cell in another sheet, where the address and email address for this name
is.

Regards
Claus Busch

G

GS

Adding to Claus' suggestion, you can also use Excel's built-in DataForm
and not worry about column widths.

Other options are to use Zoom and/or not autofit columns but rather
settle for fixed width for some.

--
Garry

Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

R

robzrob

Hi,

Am Sat, 11 May 2013 10:54:48 -0700 (PDT) schrieb robzrob:

you could use comments, Input message from Data Validation. You could

insert textboxes and set visible = false and make then visible when the

cell is selected.

Or you write the name in column B and make this name a hyperlink to a

cell in another sheet, where the address and email address for this name

is.

Regards

Claus Busch

--

Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2

Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Thanks - will have a go.

R

robzrob

Adding to Claus' suggestion, you can also use Excel's built-in DataForm

and not worry about column widths.

Other options are to use Zoom and/or not autofit columns but rather

settle for fixed width for some.

--

Garry

Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org

Classic VB Users Regroup!

comp.lang.basic.visual.misc

microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks. I'll give that a try too.

W

witek

robzrob said:
Hi

Got a cash sheet and want to put names addresses and email addresses of people in it but by the time I've got a column for each of these (the address column would be especially wide) and columns for other things, the workbook is going to be too wide for ease of viewing. Is there any way I can type the person's name in col B, then have something open up into which I can put their address and email? The addresses and emails don't have to be visible on normal view, just available for view if necessary and available for working on, ie for extracting info from for macros. I'd put these things in a comment box in the cell (that would do for visibility) but I really want something more structured.

Cheers

Open userform on double clik.

Ask a Question