From: System Administrator
Sent: December 31, 2003 12:01 PM
Subject: Undeliverable: Happy New Year

Subject: Happy New Year

Sent: 31/12/2003 12:01 PM

"...recipient address removed..." on 31/12/2003 12:01 PM

452 4.5.3 Too many recipients specified.

I removed the recipient address above, as well as the listing of about 15
others with the same message.
My ISP tells me the problem is not at their end...there are no Internet
headers with the message, so it appears to be coming from my local machine.
I'm running Outlook XP and as far as I know I don't have a mail server on my
local machine.
My mail account settings all point to my designated ISP.
Any suggestions?

- Randy

Robert Crayk Outlook MVP

If you go into the header of the email (from the open message select View >
Options) does the System Administrator have an email address associated with
it, if so this should help.

Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]

Did you send this message? If so, the problem is that your ISP has a *very*
low limit on the number of recipients it allows in a message - in fact a
limit well beneath the 100 recipient minumum required by Internet standards

mread

I am having the same problem with the same error message:
452 4.5.3 too many recipients. I am running Win xp and my
isp is sbc, who says it is not from them. The message
comes from System Administrator. I have a single computer
and it is not hooked to a network. If you get an answer,
let me know.PS I am sending messages to less than 100
friends when this happens.

Brian Tillman

RK said:
I have been having some problems sending messages to multiple (30 -50)
recipients and get this error message:

"...recipient address removed..." on 31/12/2003 12:01 PM

452 4.5.3 Too many recipients specified.

I removed the recipient address above, as well as the listing of
about 15 others with the same message.
My ISP tells me the problem is not at their end..

This means exactly what it says: your ISP, despite what they're telling you,
has a limit on the number of recipients they allow in a message. You must
remove the listed name and all others following it in order to get your mail
sent.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Brian Tillman

mread said:
I am having the same problem with the same error message:
452 4.5.3 too many recipients. I am running Win xp and my
isp is sbc, who says it is not from them. The message
comes from System Administrator.

Right-click on the subject of the message in your Inbox and choose
"Options". examine the "From" header. After the words "System
Administrator" will be a genuine internet address. What domain does it
show? If it shows "sbcglobal.net" or one of the other SBC domains, then
that is proof that the person from SBC is lying to you.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace