Too many names for Nastie software

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
In the old days it was simple. There were viruses and black hat hackers.

These days just trying to stay on top on the different names of the threats is hard work.

I bring this up on the back of a post from the Internet Security Zone Blog that has coined the phrase 'Scareware' for those pop up warnings that appear on websites warning of serious errors in the hope of persuading you to click on their links.

Just to recap, we now have viruses, hackers, phising scams, malware, spyware, adware, scareware, badware, key loggers, Trojans & worms.

A cynic might suggest this helps persuade people they need a different program for each different type (although antivirus on its own is not enough) rather than just widening the remit of existing software.

Please send your cheques for mucks' Nastieware Protection to the usual address ... ;)

user.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Please send your cheques for mucks' Nastieware Protection to the usual address

Is £1000.00 sufficient?
icon12.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Due to recent adverse weather we are unable to send a cheque . However if you give your full bank details and name , address , social security number , and pasport details we will then be in a position to arrange funds transfers with your bank . Send information by return . ;)
happywave.gif

Ask a Question