TOC Page Numbers Look Correct on Screen but not in Print Preview andnot when Printing

Cookie

I have a document (XP) that contains an automated table of contents.
For some reason, when you view the file on screen in Print Layout, the
numbers appear, but when you view it in Print Preview, the numbers are
all the same.
We can print the file on our small printer, but our print shop has the
same problems with the page numbers.
The headings that are attached to the TOC are outlined number, and I'm
wondering if that's what is causing this.
I've never had a problem with a TOC before like this.

Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Eileen

Stefan Blom

This kind of problems sometimes occur, and it's difficult to troubleshoot... :-(

Note that if you send the file in PDF format to the print shop, the problem wouldn't occur.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP